Do you feel like your cleaning closet is well stocked? It’s always good to have bleach on hand, especially for any cleaning emergency. But what happens when you accidentally use bleach on something that shouldn’t be used on? This blog post will discuss some items that should never be cleaned with bleach. So, stay safe and avoid costly mistakes by following this advice!
Wood furniture is one of the most common household items and is also one of the most delicate when it comes to bleach. The chemicals in bleach can cause discoloration and damage to the wood, stripping away its natural oils and leaving it dry and brittle. If you’re looking for an eco-friendly way to clean your wood furniture, consider using lemon oil. Lemon oil not only cleans and polishes wood but also gives it a nice shine. Plus, it smells great! Simply apply the lemon oil to a clean cloth and wipe down your furniture. You can add a small amount of vinegar to the lemon oil for tougher stains before applying. Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and will help remove any dirt or grime building up on your furniture.
Most people know that their phones can be covered with germs and bacteria. Studies have shown that the average phone has 18 times more bacteria than a public toilet seat. So, it’s no surprise that people want to give their phones a good cleaning now and then. But, what some people might not realize is that using bleach on your phone is a huge no-no. Bleach can damage the delicate electronics on your phone and the plastic and glass. Instead, use a water mixture and vinegar or alcohol to disinfect your phone. And, be sure to use a soft cloth so you don’t scratch the screen.
Stainless steel gets used all the time on modern appliances. You might think that bleach would be the best way to clean and disinfect it, but this is not the case. Bleach can damage stainless steel, making it more susceptible to rusting and corrosion. When you need to clean your stainless steel appliances, make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the appliance with a soft cloth and rub in a circular motion. Rinse the paste off with clean water and dry the appliance with a soft towel. If you have stains that won’t come off, you can use white vinegar instead of baking soda. Just be sure to rinse it off well afterward so that your appliances don’t smell like vinegar!
Granite countertops are a beautiful addition to any kitchen, but they require special care for cleaning. Bleach is a strong chemical that can damage granite, so it’s important to avoid using it on your countertops. There are a few different products that you can use to clean granite countertops safely. Granite cleaner is the best option, or you can use a mixture of dish soap and water. Be sure to rinse the countertop well after cleaning. If you accidentally use bleach on your granite countertops, rinse the area with water and wipe it dry immediately. You may need to call a professional to repair the damage if severe.
You might think that since bleach is such a powerful cleaning agent, it would be great for disinfecting your dog’s toys. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth! Bleach is very harmful to dogs and can cause them serious health problems if they ingest it. So, what should you use to clean your dog’s toys? The best way to clean them is actually with hot water and soap. It will kill any bacteria or germs on the toy, and it won’t be harmful to your dog if they happen to lick it. If you’re looking for a more natural way to clean your dog’s toys, you can also use vinegar. Just mix equal parts of water and vinegar in a spray bottle and spritz it on the toy. Let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off with a damp cloth.
While bleach can be an excellent tool for cleaning most things in your bathroom, grout is not one of them. When it comes to cleaning grout, you should avoid bleach. You should avoid using bleach on your grout because it can damage it over time. Bleach is a very harsh chemical, and it can strip away the protective coating on your grout, leaving it susceptible to damage. If you notice your grout is looking gross, the best thing to use is a mixture of baking soda and water. It will help to clean your grout without damaging it gently. Simply mix equal parts baking soda and water and scrub away at the dirt and grime on your grout.
Even if you have a white carpet, you should never clean stains with bleach. Bleach can damage the fibers and cause them to break down. If you have a carpet stain that you just can’t seem to get out of, try using a mixture of dish soap and water instead. Simply apply the mixture to the stain with a cloth and scrub it gently. You may need to do this a few times to get the stain out completely, but it will be much gentler on your carpet than using bleach. If you’re looking for a more natural solution, you can also use vinegar. Just mix equal parts of water and vinegar on a cloth and blot the stain. Let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it away with a damp cloth.
While bleach is a powerful cleaning agent, there are some things that you should never clean with it. While this is a list of the most common items that should never be cleaned with bleach, plenty of other cleaning agents will be just as effective without damaging your stuff! If you’re unsure whether you should use bleach to clean something, it’s always best to err on the side of caution and avoid using it.